Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I am going to be teaching first graders art for Elementary art education. I have taught high school and middle school. This is going to be a strange experience, but one I am looking forward too. 

Lesson plans are being thought up. Not sure what I am doing yet, but trying to decide if Egyptian Hieroglyphics would not be too difficult for first grade. Thinking about having them write their name in hieroglyphics and then using the images in a landscape drawing. It may be a little advanced though, I think adding a little history and having them use their imagination to tell stories about the finished pictures would be fun for them. 

I have really began to love education. and the ideas behind how to teach students well. Philosophies on teaching art I am learning have been my own philosophies on art anyway. So if I teach 12th grade or 1st grade it doesn't matter, I will be fine, and my students will be inundated with the love of learning and hte love of art. 

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this posting. There are studies about how children initially enter school full of excitement, confidence, and enthusiasm, but that dims as the years go on...definitely by the fifth grade. I think that part of reason for this phenomenon is because some assignments do not allow for creativity and self-expression and students get negative feedback. I think it's great that you will be providing engaging art instruction for your young students in ways that will keep the spark of learning alive and well for them.

    ReplyDelete